American Civil War Museum of Ohio
Collecting, preserving, and interpreting the American Civil War
Wednesday - Saturday
Noon - 4PM
After hours by appointment only
217 S. Washington
Tiffin, OH 44883
The American Civil War Museum of Ohio is a nonprofit
501 (c) (3) public charity.
All donations are tax deductible.
- Family Friendly - want you and your family to laugh, talk, and enjoy yourselves.
- 10,000 Sqft of Exhibit Space with artifacts ranging from POW carved items to a Lincoln mourning ribbon
- 20 Minute Video "Ohio's Role in the Civil War"
- Research Library - with hundreds of Civil War themed books.
- Dress in reproduction Civil War uniforms
- Well stocked Gift Shop with over 600 book titles
- Too numerous to count Hands On Activities for visitors of all ages
- Learning Centers located in several of the 8 Exhibit Rooms
- Snacks and Beverages are available
HOURS of Operation:
Wednesday - Saturday
Noon - 4 PM
BLUESTAR MUSEUM PROGRAM
Active Duty Military/Immediate Family
Free during the Summer with proof, Half Prices the remainder of the year. Adults $3.00 Student $1.50
Seniors (55+) $5
Children under 6 FREE
As always current museum members are FREE
You may want to consider a FAMILY MEMBERSHIP at $30.00 for your best value!
• FREE parking in the museum lot behind the museum (Please use front entrance). Access the parking lot from Main Street.
• FREE parking is also available in a city lot across the street.
• Bus loading and unloading is available directly in front of the museum.
• Please allow a minimum of 1.5 hours for your visit to the museum. 2 - 3 hours is average.
• Bring your camera, photography IS ALLOWED, however no flashes on the cameras, as the light produced from flashes does cause damage to these artifacts.
• Allvisitor areas of the museum are handicap accessible with a ramp (please ring door bell for entry) servicing the main level and a chair lift providing accessibility to the lower level.
• The museum is within walking distance to restaurants and additional shopping.
For the enjoyment of others, refrain from cell phone conversations
and speakerphone use while in the museum.